The 4th of July weekend is right around the corner. In case you're counting, America will turn 243 years old. Many people will celebrate by watching parades, fireworks and partying like it's 1776. So to help you show a little bit of that American pride with a splash of Aloha Spirit, we've picked out our Top 5 shirts for the 4th of July.
5. White Flower - Whether you prefer red or blue, it doesn't matter because this shirt comes in both colors. We'd wear the red shirt with blue jeans or the blue shirt with white shorts.
4. Presidents and Motorcycles - It doesn't get more American than Mount Rushmore and the "chopper" motorcycle. If you wear this shirt to a BBQ, there's no mistaking what country you are from.
3. Vinyl Rock and Roll - This shirt may not be red, white, and blue, but it does celebrate one of America's greatest cultural contributions to the world. Rock and Roll got started here in the US in the late 1940s and many consider the 1950s to be the golden era of the genre. Of course, people from the 80s will beg to differ. But whatever the case, Rock n Roll is as American as it gets. This shirt comes in ivory (pictured) and black.
2. Vintage Air Power - America played a critical role in World War II. It is hard to believe now, but prior to WWII, the US was not a major air power. That all changed in the 1940s with classic planes like the P-51 Mustang, P-38 Lightning, B-17 Flying Fortress, and F4U Corsair illustrated in this shirt. If it weren't for planes like those and the pilots who flew them, we may not be celebrating the 4th of July today.
1. Magnum PI - Celebrate the 4th of July wearing a piece of iconic American history. This shirt along with other items from the 1980s show "Magnum PI" are in the Smithsonian Institution in Washington, DC. The reason is because the show portrayed Vietnam veterans in a positive way at the time when the country was still dealing with the wounds of the Vietnam War. The main characters in the show were all war buddies (Thomas Magnum, TC and Rick) and the shirt featured in the opening sequence is the red "Jungle Bird" shirt which is also known as simply the Magnum PI shirt. This shirt also comes in matching women's styles as well as a black version.