You’ve dreamt of your Hawaiian vacation for years and can picture the sunny blue skies, swaying palm trees, you best Hawaiian shirt or dress, and a cool tropical drink in your hand… But unfortunately, being an island, Oahu does experience inclement weather from time to time. So what do you do when beach-weather goes bad?
Some “Plan B” options:
- Book a massage, manicure or pedicure, at your hotel or a nearby spa. After all, all vacations should include some relaxation and pampering!
- Go shopping – Kahala Mall, Pearlridge Center and Windward Mall are three covered malls with a variety of shops and restaurants to choose from.
- Aiea Bowl, karaoke and art museums are a few other ideas to pass the time indoors (or, just sleep in!).
If you have kids…
- Take them to the Children’s Discovery Center! Open Tuesday through Sunday, there’s lots of rooms to explore with educational and interactive activities.
- Bishop Museum will keep them busy. There’s floors and floors of history, science and art to take in. Check out the planetarium and fun rotating exhibits!
- Dave & Busters is always a blast – for kids and adults! Two floors of food, games and prizes. Then watch a movie next door at Ward Theatres!
Whatever you do, don’t despair – You’re still in Hawaii and not at work. And, as Hawaii weather goes, it will probably clear up soon, so don’t give up on your tan just yet!